First United Presbyterian is a member of the
Presbyterian Church USA. Our worship reflects our
Reformed tradition. To learn more about what it means to
be Presbyterian go to http://www.pcusa.org.
We celebrate the Lordís Supper the first Sunday of each
month.The first Sunday of the month is also Family
Sunday, a time in which children are invited stay for
the entire service as there is no Church School on that
day. Church school is held for children during the
Children are an important part of worship to God at
First United. On any given Sunday, a child or teen will
be greeting people, taking the offering, lighting
candles, reading scripture or sharing their musical
During the winter months we worship in our chapel.
Worship in our chapel allows for a more intimate
experience and for more contemporary forms of worship
such as using a praise music DVD on our big screen.
We move into our historic sanctuary on Palm Sunday.
Special worship services throughout the year include:
- Ecumenical Thanksgiving Eve
- An Early Family Christmas Eve Service at 4:30
- Christmas Eve Candlelight & Communion at 7:30
- Christmas Day Worship
- Informal Worship and Brunch the Sunday after
- Ash Wednesday
- Healing Services
- Prayer Circles
- Lenten Lunches
- Maundy Thursday Christian Seder Meal and Worship
- Good Friday Prayer Time, noon to 3 p.m.
- Good Friday Tenebrae Service, 7 p.m.
- Easter Sunrise Service
- Boy Scout Sunday
- And many more worship opportunities...